Most food processors on the market today come with plastic bowls that whilst easier to handle, come with quite a few potential pitfalls. Apart from being non recyclable, plastic bowls carry potential health risks, even those labeled BPA free. This is where a glass food processor can really save the day.
In this post, I’ve compiled some of my favorite glass food processors that are free from common gripes like a short lifespan, flimsy parts, and a weak motor.
Elechomes Food Chopper & Meat Processor (Best Overall)
- YOUR TIME SAVER: No more manual grinding or chopping! The food chopper can grind meat, fruits, vegetables, salads, milkshakes, potatoes, baby food in seconds with just one button press. Everything is...
- PEACE OF MIND: Unique overheating protection function so that it will automatically stop working at high temperatures and be fully cooled. The new upgraded low-noise technology creates a quiet...
- 2L BPA-FREE GLASS BOWL: 8-cup large capacity meets both daily needs and family gatherings. The glass bowl is thickened for durability and easy to clean. Moreover, it’s designed with a non-slip...
- Capacity: 8 cups or 2 liters
- Power: 300 watts
- Weight: 5.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 8.74 x 7.28 x 10.24 inches
- BPA-Free: Yes
- Attachment: 4 layer detachable stainless steel blades
- Dishwasher-Safe: Only the glass bowl
- Warranty: Not indicated
Starting off the list is the Elechomes Food Chopper. Checking all the boxes when it comes to price, function, ease of use, and durability, I recommend this well-balanced glass food processor to any home cook who wants to speed up their food prep.
Boasting 300 watts of power, it can breeze through your food prep in just a few seconds without making too much noise. Even better, from assembly to cleanup, it screams ease to use. The no-fuss one-touch control and side handles are both simple but very convenient features. The lids seal up tight so you can even make smoothies with the Elechomes.
In terms of safety, it also has you covered. It automatically shuts down to prevent overheating once the motor reaches a certain temperature. To prevent slips and easy breaking, the thick see-through glass bowl is coupled with a removable non-slip ring for the bottom.
A couple of issues that I’ve found with the Elechomes is that it’s on the heavy side and should be handled with care especially during washing. It’s also designed in such a way that the screw at the bottom of the bowl keeps getting loose, requiring periodical tightening.
However, despite these minor flaws, for what you get for a reasonable price, the Elechomes remains our favorite most well-rounded glass food processor.
Hamilton Beach Stack & Press Food Processor (Most Compact)
- Easy to assemble. No difficult twisting or locking – just stack the bowl and blade on the base, then place the lid on top.
- Durable glass bowl resists stains, scratches and odors.To clean the base, wipe with a damp cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners
- Fresh ingredients in one step. Simply press the Patented lid for chopping action.
- Capacity: 3 cups or 0.7 liters
- Power: 175 watts
- Weight: 3.46 pounds
- Dimensions: 6.30 x 5.51 x 5.51 inches
- BPA-Free: Yes
- Attachment: Stainless steel dual blades
- Dishwasher-Safe: Yes
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
If your kitchen has limited storage space, the Hamilton Beach Stack and Press is my pick for you. Don’t let its compact and lightweight build fool you, however. This small glass food processor still packs a punch.
As a mini food processor, it doesn’t take up much counter space and even comes with a hideaway cord storage. It has just enough power to chop, dice, and mince vegetables, nuts, and meat with the help of the stainless steel blades. In fact, it can even puree if you want to make baby food.
As its name suggests, the Stack and Press doesn’t require twisting or locking to assemble. You just need to put the container on, put the lid on, and press to operate. This simplicity is one of the things that makes it such a hit among buyers who prefer a no-fuss option.
The Stack and Press’ compact size, however, is a double-edged sword since it is too small for a family of three or more. It also doesn’t have an auto shutdown feature for when the machine is starting to heat up. This can lead to a short product life if you don’t pay attention.
All in all, the Stack and Press is a reasonably priced mini food processor that we recommend for people living alone that want something that doesn’t take up much space.
Here’s a quick demo of the Stack and Press:
WantJoin Electric Food Processor (Largest Capacity)
- ✔MULTI-FUNCTIONAL FOOD CHOPPER - This food grinder is equipped with 4 stainless steel blades and 2 modes to choose from. You can chop, grind various ingredients, such as onions, meat, ham, garlic,...
- ✔SHARP AND EFFICIENT - WantJoin electric meat grinder comes with real power 350W, which is more efficient and fast. 4 stainless steel blades 4D design allows the upper and lower blades to evenly...
- ✔LARGE CAPACITY AND DURABILITY - WantJoin mini chopper is equipped with a glass bowl and 2L or 1.2L capacity.more stronger, healthier and shock-proof, ensuring durability. The joint connection...
- Capacity: 5 and 8 cups or 1.2 and 2 liters
- Power: 350 watts
- Weight: 14 x 8.8 x 7.7 inches
- Dimensions: 5 pounds
- BPA-Free: Not indicated
- Attachment: 4-piece titanium-coated blades
- Dishwasher-Safe: No
- Warranty: Not indicated
If the Stack and Press is a great match for singles and couples, then there’s the WantJoin Electric Food Processor for family use. Boasting the highest capacity on this list, this kitchen aid has a matching high-powered motor, shock-proof glass bowls, and titanium-coated blades that enables it to blitz through large quantities of meat, nuts, herbs, fruits, and vegetables.
For this category, the WantJoin, with its 2-liter capacity, wins for its ability to process significant amounts of ingredients. This makes food preparation a breeze for a family of four or more. On top of that, buyers also love that it comes with a 1.2-liter bowl for when you want to chop and blend smaller amounts of food.
The WantJoin is the first glass food processor in this list as well which features a double gear switch for better control. The slow speed is suitable for eggs and soft fruits and vegetables while the fast speed is better suited for meats, nuts, and hard vegetables like carrots.
Of course, just like any other products, the WantJoin has a couple of minor drawbacks. Because of its more powerful motor, it’s louder than the other food processors in this list. It also requires washing by hand.
Even taking these minor flaws into account, the WantJoin still stands strong as the best glass food processor with the largest capacity and most powerful motor. Add to these its very reasonable price and you’ve got a very good deal.
BLACK+DECKER EHC3002B Glass Bowl Chopper (Comes w/ two glass containers)
- Easy Grip never worry about mundane chopping tasks again!
- Pulse Control
- 150 Watt Motor
- Capacity: 4 cups or 1 liter
- Power: 150 watts
- Weight: 6 x 6 x 8 inches
- Dimensions: 3.5 pounds
- BPA-Free: No
- Attachment: Dual blades
- Dishwasher-Safe: Yes
- Warranty: Not indicated
Skip the hassle of transferring your homemade salsa each time that you make a batch by getting the Black Decker Glass Bowl Chopper. At an affordable price, you get a reliable food processor complete with two time- and effort-saving 4-cup bowls with matching storage lids.
The Black Decker is a crowd-favorite thanks to the addition of another glass bowl and two storage lids. In fact, one customer said in her review that she chose this over other similar products because it’s very convenient to be able to chop and use later. Not only that, the bowls are also safe for oven, freezer, and microwave use.
Just like the WantJoin, the Black Decker has a high and low pulse control for better control over the coarseness of your end product. The finishing touch to its list of features is its dishwasher-safe components which make cleanup a piece of cake.
The problem with the Black Decker is that it needs to be coddled. This means that you have to scrape the sides every now and then for evenly textured results and you need to give it a break every thirty seconds to prevent it from overheating.
All things considered, I still suggest checking the Black Decker out if you’d like to take advantage of the convenient concept of chopping and storing your food in the same glass bowl.
Homgeek Meat and Food Chopper (Most Budget Friendly)
- 👍【Versatile Kitchen Essential】Starting preparing delicious meals for your loved ones is now easier than ever. This BPA FREE Mini Chopper helps chopping, blending, pureeing, mixing and mincing a...
- 👍【Time Saver】The 300W powered unique sharp stainless steel 4 Bi-Lever blades enable you to crush everything mince and puree with precision and ease. Just give the speed button a short sharp...
- 👍【User Friendly Design】In addition to standard speed, you can choose high speed feature for harder contents or larger volumes. The transparent 1.2L glass bowl helps see the grinding...
- Capacity: 5 cups or 1.2 liter
- Power: 300 watts
- Weight: 1.98 pounds
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 7.1 x 7.9 inches
- BPA-Free: Yes
- Attachment: 4-dimensional stainless steel blades
- Dishwasher-Safe: Only the glass bowl
- Warranty: 24-month warranty
Completing our list is the Homgeek Meat and Food Chopper, the cheapest food processor that we’ve across that is actually decent in quality. For a fraction of the price of similar sized products, you get the satisfying combination of a high-powered motor, a glass bowl with ample capacity, and 4D stainless steel blades.
The Homgeek is a popular pick for home cooks who want to make their food prep easier at an economical price. In fact, one customer commended it for working even better than some of the higher-priced glass food processors that she’s tried before. I also like that, despite its low price point, it offers superior warranty, giving buyers more confidence in purchasing it.
What’s more, Homgeek comes with most of the features that more expensive products have. This includes BPA-free plastic components, a powerful motor, dual speed control, and an anti slip rubber mat.
The most common complaint about the Homgeek is that there’s a strong chemical smell the first few times that you use it. This comes from the motor so it doesn’t affect the taste of the food. However, if you have a sensitive nose, it’s a point you need to consider.
At the end of the day, if you don’t mind waiting until the chemical scent dissipates, then the Homgeek is a must-try for the excellent value it offers at its price point.
What Are the Advantages of Having a Glass Bowl?
There are several ways that food processors with glass bowls outshine their plastic counterparts.
BPA and Chemical Free
Glass bowls are free from Bisphenol A (BPA) and other chemicals that many plastic bowls carry.
BPA is an industrial chemical that is added to plastic to make it strong and resilient. However, during the manufacturing process, some of this harmful chemical does not get locked in in the bowl. When the plastic bowl is used to process food, BPA can leach into your food.
Here’s how BPA can affect your health.
- Alters hormonal functions – BPA can mimic and interact hormone receptors. This can lead to abnormal growth, cell repair, fetal development, energy levels, and reproduction.
- Infertility – Several studies show that men and women with higher levels of BPA have a lower sperm count and egg production respectively.
- Abnormal physical and mental growth – Exposure to BPA during the fetal, infant, and growth years contributes to a lower birth weight, behavioral problems, and a higher cancer risk .
- Greater risk for heart disease and diabetes – People with high BPA levels are found to have as much as 135% greater high blood pressure and heart disease risk and 130% higher diabetes risk.
- Raises obesity risk – BPA is linked to obesity and a larger waist circumference.
But what about plastic containers labeled BPA free? Well, many of them instead contain BPS and BPF, which have similar damaging effects to BPA.
Since these chemicals are already present in common products, limiting your exposure as much as possible is necessary. Opting for a glass food bowl is a simple decision that can potentially bring you a big health impact.
Clear Appearance and Less Prone to Scratching
It is easier to view the ingredients being processed inside a glass bowl. While plastic bowls can also have a clear appearance, they are more prone to scratching. This makes them appear cloudy and will make it difficult to monitor the food.
Warp- and Stain-Resistant
Glass is resistant to staining so maintaining a beautiful appearance is an easy task. Also, aside from being scratch-resistant, glass bowls won’t warp even after prolonged usage. You should, however, avoid dropping your glass bowl to prevent breaking.
Maintains Healthy Food Flavors
Unlike plastic bowls which easily absorb food flavor and aroma, you won’t have to worry about ending up with onion-flavored desserts with a glass food processor.
How Much Capacity Do I Need? What Is 1 Cup to Liter?
The most important thing you have to consider when buying a food processor is its capacity.
What kind of tasks will you be doing with the food processor? How many people do you usually cook for?
Keeping the answers to these questions in mind, refer to the table below to see what food processor capacity suits your needs best.
For your reference, a cup is about 0.24 liters or 250 milliliters.
|Processor Type||Capacity||Best for|
|The Compact Option||3 – 4 cups||Small chopping tasksGrinding spicesSmall kitchensSingle person use|
|Small and Convenient||5 – 6 cups||Prepping small portions of ingredients, sauces, and dipsSmall kitchensIndividuals and couples|
|Mid-sized Choice||7 – 10 cups||Home useFamily of 3 to 4Processing medium quantities of food|
|The Boss||11 -19 cups||Home and commercial useFamily of 5 or moreProcessing large quantities of foodSizable kitchens|
|Industrial Level||20 cups and more||Restaurants and food trucksCooking for events and gatheringsRegular and continuous use|
Note that despite the indicated capacity in food processors, you won’t be able to fill the glass bowls to the fullest. You need to leave some space in the bowl for better grinding, chopping, and blending.
Things to Consider When Shopping for Glass Food Processors
Aside from capacity, there are also other specifications and features that can help you single out which of the various products available is best for your needs. Just answer the guide questions that we’ve listed out below.
What kind of tasks are you planning to do with your food processor?
Most of the glass food processors that we’ve included in this list are designed for chopping spices, grinding nuts and small amounts of meat, pureeing baby food, and making salsa and dips. For other tasks, you can refer to the following posts for better suited food processors.
- Shredding and Slicing Vegetables – For this task, look for products that come with a slicing or shredding blade.
- Making Nut Butters – If you love making nut butters, you need a powerful food processor (at least 600 watts of power!) that can continue running even when it’s processing a sticky and gooey mixture.
- Grinding Meat – While food processors can also grind meat, the end results are often uneven. For finely ground meat that’s loosely packed and evenly texture, a meat grinder might be a better option.
Will you be only using your glass bowl as a processing vessel or do you plan to store food in it as well?
If you picked the latter, a model like the Black Decker, which comes with an extra glass bowl and matching lids, is better suited for you.
How much counter or storage space do you have in your kitchen?
Food processors are available in different sizes and shapes. Before buying one, make sure that you have enough storage space. Alternatively, if it’s going to be a permanent resident on your counter, measure how much space you have and compare it with the specs of the product you’re planning to buy. The assembled height is especially important to see if it will fit under your kitchen cabinets.
How much control do you want?
Food processors with multiple speed settings offer much better control in terms of texture. Some of the products on our list offer dual speed control. But, if you’re looking for more refined settings, there are sophisticated, albeit expensive, models available in the market.
Is noise an issue for you?
Some models that we’ve tried are just terrible when it comes to making a racket. If you have sensitive ears or you have a baby, too much noise is definitely a no-no. What you can do is to check out the reviews of the food processor and see if there are any complaints in this department. You don’t have to worry about the products in this list though. We made sure they’re all easy on the ears.